Title: A Responsible Artificial Intelligence-driven Initiative for Tackling Waterborne Pathogen (re)Emergence in Tunisia (INTERACT)
Find ways to transform an academic research project into a toolkit for epidemic response: Lay the foundation for a functional system that incorporating AI models along with wastewater-based epidemiology—surveillance data into early detection and warning systems of waterborne outbreaks in Tunisia
1. Establish a list of high-priority waterborne pathogens in tight coordination with the Ministry of Health.
2. Implement guidelines for an efficient Data collection process for responsible AI implementation.
3. Build AI models that correlate disease cases with real-time Data / indicators and highlight possible hotspots.
4. Deploy validated models through a publicly available information platform.
5. Implement on-the-ground validation to confirm risky regions or outbreaks.
6. Get insights about the efficacy of treatments employed in the studied wastewater plants against the selected waterborne pathogens, especially for agriculture water reuse.