Hub: Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana (Node: Mahidol University, Thailand)
Title: Responsible AI for developing a Robust public health surveillance system: Early Detection and Prediction of Vector-borne Viral Zoonotic Pathogens
Myat Su Ying
1. Develop bio-acoustic sensors to conduct vector monitoring at unprecedented scale and low cost, replacing the current practice of light traps and manual counting with automated solutions based on responsible AI and Edge Computing.
2. Identify novel viruses in vectors, and animal reservoirs with the potential to replicate in humans via NGS metagenomic sequencing. Thus, ensuring readiness for outbreaks.
3. Develop climate and environmentally-driven, dynamical host–vector models to predict the risk of viral outbreaks in current and future climates.
4. Monitor Health Inequalities to characterize current realities of infectious disease pandemics on women and children within vulnerable communities to recommend.
1. Predictive modeling predict of mosquito populations mortality, survival time, and vector characteristics.
2. Bioacoustic IoT sensors for vector surveillance.
3. Identification of circulating and novel pathogens with NGS.
4. Vulnerable health group monitoring.
5. Research uptake